Sunday 3 November 2013

OOTD: An Autumn Sunday


AN AUTUMN SUNDAY

Hi Internet!

Last weekend I ventured home from uni firstly, because we had a reading week, and secondly, my friend had staff tickets to the Beaulieu Motor Museum fireworks.

Now that we're getting into cooler temperatures, spending time outside is becoming a little more daunting, having to layer up to just stay comfortable. However, my parents had some apple picking to do, and being helpful people, my boyfriend and I thought we'd help (good photo opportunity!).



Seeing as all my clothes are at the uni house, and I didn't want to bring too many back just for a couple of days, I made the most with what I had in my wardrobe, combining bits that I wear all the time, and pieces that live folded up in my draws (pretty much forcing myself to be a bit creative with what I had), and here's how that turned out!

My outfit for that day...




Khaki Jacket: Fat Face £30 
Reduced to half price
2 years old
Blue Hoodie: Top Shop £18
Cheaper alternatives available in Primark
Grey Top w/ Lace Pocket: Hollister £4
Bought off eBay
Floral Skirt: Gina Tricot 50kr 
(around £4)
Wellie Boots: Viking Brand 800kr
(around £70)

I wouldn't usually wear the skirt, but the plain colours of the clothes I'd brought back from uni seemed to have toned it down. Plus I've had the skirt for years and haven't got much wear out of it so I felt guilty for neglecting it and leaving it in my wardrobe.

My jacket came from Fat Face a couple of years ago on a bit of a whim purchase, seeing as it was a bargain! I know that Fat Face is aimed at all ages, but can be considered to be an older persons shop at times. This may be because of the prices (definitely not Primark or New Look prices), but you pay for the quality, and not the name plastered all over the pieces like some other brands. If investing in a pair of jeans or coat, I will check out Fat Face for their selection, however if I'm just looking for a strappy top, £2.50 from Primark will do me just fine. 

As for the wellies, I have only worn these when walking in the forest or at festivals (another neglected item), but they do serve their purpose as you can see by the amount of mud they have collected. Boots could be worn instead of wellies for a more pulled-together look, however these were definitely a comfort-over-style item that day!

A little bit of texture!

Hope this was inspiring for a bit of Autumn fashion,

Happy Sunday everyone!

Bit of posing in the garden

No comments:

Post a Comment