Wednesday 23 October 2013

First Review! SOAP AND GLORY: Thick & Fast Super Volume Mascara

SOAP AND GLORY

Thick & Fast Super Volume Mascara



Hello Internet!
I thought I'd start this blog on a good note, with a very pleasing product.

The main things I look for in a mascara are:
  1. No smudge under the eye
  2. Lengthen lashes
  3. Volume
  4. Ability to paint bottom lashes
There is little fuss made on the packaging, which at first forced me under estimate the product, and the shape makes it practical (it can stand up on display on my vanity!). The brush has a thick, fat, natural bristle comb, with the ability to hold plenty of product (as seen in the picture below, in comparison to a Maybelline product). The packaging design makes the handle sturdy, simple handle, that I'm not likely to drop and ruin my top for the day.
Left: Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Volume
Right: Maybelline The Colossal Volum'
Express Cat Eye



Now onto the product: here's photo evidence of the mascara's performance! (Bearing in mind I didn't use curlers on that day)


No Mascara
One Coat Applied
1:52pm
Two Coats Applied
Approx. 3 Hours Later
4.46pm
Approx 8 Hours Later
1:11am


It's what it says on the tin, the formula seems thick, and seems to get better the longer you own it, which just doesn't seem right! Volume and length balance each other, and the colour creates drama on my short and lifeless lashes! 

An added bonus to the mascara: even when I don't use a curler with this mascara, it makes my lashes look as if they've been curled! My lashes don't respond to curlers too well; the curl never holds, or they get clumped together.

The proof is in the pudding (or the pictures). I've owned the mascara since Christmas 2012, and I know you're meant to change your mascara every 4-6 months, but now I've found something that works for me, I won't let that get in my way! Definitely worth the price compared to cheaper brands, lives up to its name, and stands the test of time too.

RRP £10
Available at Boots in black only

No comments:

Post a Comment